Monday, January 08, 2007

An E-Mail From Nowhere

I have to admit that I don't often get e-mails from people who've read my book. In fact it's not even an annual event. But the other day, as we head for the sixth anniversary of the publication of the first edition of 'For Whom The Ball Rolls', I received the kind of missive that brightens up your day because it lets you know that out there, somewhere, at least one or two people were paying your work the attention you always secretly thought it deserved. So many thanks to Liverpool fan Don Chesney for writing the following:

"For Whom The Ball Rolls - my favourite ever football book. Reading it for the third time and still love it. Recommend it to all 'real' footie fans. Played for and ran local football teams for 20 odd years, was in heaven reading this book. Wrote a 'book' about the Sunday team I played for and eventually helped run, called 'Flu Pitch'. Just gave it to mates to read. I tell everyone to read yours - superb!"

No comments: